subscribe to receive this blog per email :: unsubscribe from the mailing list

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Merry Christmas Post

This will be the last blog post for this year - and I am sure you are all looking forward to shutting shop for a few weeks over the holidays just as much as I am.


It's a good time to clap oneself on the shoulder and think about the good things that have happened in the business. For me, it's mostly the feedback I've had from my customers.


Julie Comparini wrote me recently that she has been shortlisted for a solo part in an opera project in Linz, Austria, and that one of the reasons was that the people there were so impressed with her website. Last week she wrote to me that she has got the part! And that's just a few months after her site went live. In terms of job satisfaction, to me, to hear about such a fantastic result just about tops the heap.


Inkibus has also been quite ecstatic about her new site - WONDERFUL, she said - but she seems to be a bit under the holiday season at the moment - stressful times, I imagine, if you help to run a home based handcrafted furniture business - so I'll expect to hear how the site is working out for her in the new year.


This month has also been one of the best ever for my own online shop. I have been exploring options to sell my articles through additional channels - Ebay, Trademe, that sort of thing - and the success has been quite impressive. My Middle Earth New Zealand photo calendar has proved a particular success. I am now down to only three copies left, and pretty confident that I will get those sold as well. Next year, I think, will see a larger print run!


Besides: Having figured out how to promote my own goods more effectively, I will be able - and most happy to - pass on that knowledge to you my customers.


Happy holidays - whatever it is that you celebrate at this time of year - and all the best for the new year 2010,


from Asni

No comments:

Post a Comment